By Dr. Stephen P. Darnell
October is always a special month for ETS. It is the time when the fruits of the work for the Kingdom of God is being collected and new seeds are being sown.
We are thankful for the:
– 13 graduates from our undergraduate programs,
– 3 graduates from our M.A. in Biblical Studies,
– 4 graduates from our M.Sc. in Marriage and Family Studies,
– 31 graduates from our German ILD program,
– 17 graduates from our Dublin extension,
– 149 graduates from our Nepal extension,
– 88 graduates from our different extensions in Africa.
The service started with the processional followed by a special song by the ETS choir. During the presentations we welcomed our new ETS president, Dr. Stephen Darnell and his wife Janice, and vice president, Dr. Thomas Rosson and his wife Claudia, into the ETS family. After this Dr. David Blair spoke to the graduates and new students about the challenges they will be facing in the world today. It was an anointed sermon. God also used Dr. Blair also to bless ETS financially. The Department of Youth and Discipleship donated $50,000 from the YWEA project to support the seminary.
At the end of the service, after the commissioning of the graduates, there was a wonderful time of fellowship with coffee and cake. It was a special day for all of us and all for the glory of God.
Because of the strategic location of the main campus in Germany, and the locations of the extension facilities, the European Theological Seminary is positioned to make a great impact throughout Europe and beyond.